About the Vein Center
At the Clifton Vein Care Center, our mission is to help our patients get back on their feet. To that end, we offer comprehensive vascular care, provided by our top quality vascular team. We treat a wide range of vascular diseases and customize each healthcare plan to the patient's particular medical needs.
The following are some of the problems that we treat:
Minimally invasive, office-based procedures provide relief to patients suffering from varicose veins with excellent cosmetic results and little or no downtime. Dr. Baratta and his team perform:
- Endovenous laser ablation An alternative to surgical ligation and stripping, endovenous ablation closes the incompetent saphenous vein from the inside with no incisions
- Ambulatory phlebectomy Varicose veins are extracted via two to three millimeter incisions
- Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy Chemical ablation of incompetent veins using precise ultrasound guidance for needle placement
- Spider vein injections and laser therapy for discomfort and cosmesis
However, not all patients are candidates for these procedures. Complex cases require the expertise that only an experienced vascular surgeon can offer. Dr. Baratta performs conventional outpatient vein surgery and trans-illuminated powered phlebectomy, a minimally-invasive method of varicose vein removal, for those patients who require an alternative form of treatment.
DVT and VTE
The management of acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and venous thromboembolism (VTE) can be time consuming and resource exhausting. Dr. Baratta's team uses the most up-to-date technology, treatment options and clinical resources to offer:
- On-site vascular lab testing
- IVC filter placement to prevent pulmonary embolus
- Utilizing latest technology in evaluation and ongoing management of acute DVT that dissolves new clots and preserves leg vein function
- Long-term monitoring and management of post-phlebitic syndrome, the complication that effects the leg with chronic DVT
Chronic leg swelling can be successfully managed with intensive, appropriate care. Our program focuses on identification of correctable underlying causes and intensive treatment, including:
- Manual decongestion
- Physical therapy
- Home lymphedema pumps
- Graduated compression
In our continuing effort to be as accessible as possible to all patients, we participate in most health insurance plans, inducing Medicare and Medicaid.